An unconventional journey through assisted reproductive technology (and hopefully pregnancy and parenthood.)

About Me

My photo
They say 30's are the new 20's. My wife and I have been together for over a decade now. We both work in the fast paced world of academia. Our state (and recently all others across the country) have finally allowed all marriage so we made that happen October 2014.

I'm a pretty big nerd, I'll be the first to admit. I love video games (yes, as a girl and yes, at my age). I have lots of other nerd hobbies and since I was unceremoniously banned from RuneScape, I've been playing Civilization and Skyrim. My real first nerd love is Magic the Gathering. 10,000 cards and growing, but that's an expensive hobby when you have two babies.

I have other grown-up interests too, especially reading. I like reading so much I have 3 Kindles and I also used to be a martial artist (one belt away from black belt. I'll finish someday.)

But now I've got twins and I have a feeling a lot of those hobbies are going to change.

Friday, October 9, 2015

9 Months
18 pounds, 7 ounces and 18 pounds, 5 ounces

The weather is finally starting to cool off and we have been able to go for more walks. They used to hate riding in the stroller but now they love it. We walk around a mile around the neighborhood and Nathan usually doesn't make it the whole way without falling asleep. But now that winter is coming it will be getting dark sooner so I'm not sure how our walks will fit in with our bedtime routine.

Nathan is finally mobile. He mastered the art of a combination of crawling and scooting across the floor. It gets him where he wants to go. Charlotte still has zero interest in crawling but the doctor said that there's nothing physically wrong. She just doesn't want to. That's my girl.

Both are sitting up like champion sitters. Charlotte has surprisingly good posture for a baby. We bought them some new toys they have to sit up to play with.

Between the crawling and new teeth there were some sleepless nights this month. But we've also gotten them out of sleep sacks and into regular pajamas, which are pretty adorable. I feel bad that they're not allowed to have blankets because I feel weird sleeping without a blanket. I actually burrito myself under two blankets. But they don't seem to mind. Our winters don't get that cold anyway and their bedroom stays pretty warm since it's above the garage so I guess they'll be ok.

Nathan has learned to point to things. I'm not sure if the pointing has any meaning to him yet because he will point at anything. In fact, in his first crawling video he actually stops to point to a stray piece of cat litter on the floor. Thanks, buddy. I'm sure when you're old enough to vacuum, the floor will be spotless.

Work continues to keep us busy for the week and we try to enjoy the weekends as best as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment